Seagate CORVAULT - Self-Healing, High-Density Data Storage
Designed for set-and-forget mass storage management.
Click here to jump to more pricing!
Please Note: All Prices are Inclusive of GST
A New Category of Intelligent Storage
Exos® CORVAULT™ is a high-performance, self-healing block storage system that delivers multi-petabyte capacity, five-nines availability, and hyperscale efficiencies for data center and macro edge environments.
Autonomous Drive Regeneration (ADR) minimizes e-waste, downtime, and human intervention by renewing errant drives in-situ.
Deploy the latest, highest capacity, most efficient hard drives for similar storage economics of cutting-edge cloud services.
99.999% availability meets fast read/writes, powerful dual controllers, and optimal design for uninterrupted performance.
HDDs come with Seagate Secure™ self-encrypting technology, SFTP support, and optional FIPS 140-3 configuration.
Self-Healing Block Storage
Built with Seagate Autonomous Drive Regeneration (ADR), CORVAULT renews drives on the fly.
While data creation is growing exponentially, IT teams and budgets are not. That's why we built CORVAULT. As a set-and-forget solution, you can store mass data with less human intervention. The system heals itself on the fly thanks to Seagate Autonomous Drive Regeneration (ADR). That means fewer opportunities for human error and more cost savings.
- Reduces the environmental impact of computer e-waste as ADR drives are renewed instead of discarded.
- Dramatically reduces manual drive swaps.
- Returns most drives to dependable service by reconfiguring the drive to bypass errant components.
Optimize Your Data Center
Harness the unique capabilities of Seagate hard drives and controller firmware.
Deliver maximum data density in a smaller footprint with the most advanced drives in the datasphere.
- 4U rack contains 106 Seagate Exos X18 18TB SAS hard drives for maximum density of up to 1.9PB.
- With multiple host support, your data is sharable across multiple networks and applications to eliminate data silos.
Get Quicker Time to Insights
Deliver fast response and low latency to your business with purpose-built architecture.
- 12Gb/s HD-Mini SAS interface, sequential read/write up to 14Gb/s and 12Gb/s, and IOPS of up to 17,680.
- Seagate ADAPT erasure coding utilizes highly efficient declustered parity to span all drives in the pool for less capacity overhead, better performance, and faster rebuilds than RAID.
- 6th gen VelosCT™ ASIC-based architecture powers fully redundant, hot-swappable, active-active dual controllers for high availability, compatibility, and predictable performance.
Thrive Where Others Can't
Harness peak drive performance and longevity, even under pressure.
- Modular chassis protects against vibrational and acoustic interference, excess heat, and external power irregularities.
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies ensure consistent and efficient noise-free power with highly responsive burst capacity.
- Hot-swappable drives, controllers, and fans enable uninterrupted performance during service.
The integrated web-based device and data management console has your back.
- Powerful onboard management accessible via web GUI or CLI provides one-button configuration for fast and easy deployment.
- Features remote diagnostics and non-disruptive updates.
Level up Your Security
Bring maximum security to your data without controller-level overhead.
- All included HDDs come standard with Seagate Secure™ self-encrypting drive (SED) technology and SFTP support for secure file transfers.
- Optional FIPS 140-3 configuration is available.
- Effortlessly expand capacity with 1.9PB (raw) in a maximum-density enclosure.
- Accelerate data access with performance up to 14GB/s sequential read, 12GB/s sequential write and 17,680 IOPS.
- Specially-tuned modular chassis maximizes drive performance and longevity by protecting against vibrational and acoustic interference, heat, and power irregularities.
- Engineered and manufactured by Seagate for tightly-integrated, highly-compatible and predictable performance.
- Capacity, reliability and speed - perfect for any macro-edge or core data center
- Introducing a new category of intelligent storage. Exos CORVAULT delivers sophisticated data protection, security and streamlined management to tackle the challenges of an exascale world.
- Reliable and Self-healing. Field-proven design with five-nines (99.999%) availability. Autonomous Drive Regeneration (ADR) reduces human intervention and e-waste by automatically renewing hard drives "in situ" and on the fly.
- Hyperscale-class efficiencies. Combining maximum data density of 1.9PB in 4U with the latest hard drive technology delivers storage efficiencies similar to cutting-edge cloud service providers.
- Architected for speed and resilience. Redundant active-active controllers powered by the 6th gen VelosCT ASIC and ADAPT erasure code data protection software dramatically streamline overhead, throughput, management and recovery.
- Powerful configuration and management. One-button configuration accelerates deployment while informative remote diagnostics and non-disruptive system updates simplify maintenance.
- Seagate Secure built in. Hard drives are self-encrypting (SED) for maximum security without controller-level overhead. SFTP for secure file transfer. Optional FIPS 140-3 configuration.
|Exos Corvault Specifications|
|Controllers||Redundant, active-active, hot-swappable controllers powered by 6th gen VelosCT ASIC|
|System Performance||14 GB/s sequential read throughput, 12 GB/s sequential write throughput, 17,680 IOPS|
|Device Support||Up to 106 Exos® X18 self-encrypting SAS HDDs|
|Data Protection||Seagate ADAPT erasure coding -or- RAID 5, 6|
|Self healing technology||Autonomous Drive Regeneration (ADR)|
|Hot-Swappable Components||Eight removable expander cards, two per 24 HDD baseplane | Redundant hot-swap drives, fans, power supplies|
|Physical||Height: 176.4mm / 6.94 in
Width (excluding ears and rails): 441mm / 17.36 in
Depth (including handles, excluding cables): 1139 mm / 44.84 in
Weight: 44.9kg / 99 lb
Weight (with drives): 131.5kg / 290 lb
|Host I/O Ports||Four mini-SAS HD Ports per controller (8 total)|
|Interface Types||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Protocols Supported||SNMP, SSL, SSH, SMTP, HTTP(S)|
|Management Consoles||Web-based GUI or Command Line Interface (CLI)|
|Management Software||Seagate Systems storage management console
|Power Requirements-AC Input|
|Input Power Requirements||200V-240V AC, 50Hz-60Hz|
|Max Power Output per PSU||2000W|
|Operating/Nonoperating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F, derated by 1°C per 300m above 900m) / -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F) (max rate of change: 20°C)|
|Operating/Nonoperating Humidity||-12°C DP/10 to 80% (max) (noncondensing) / -12°C DP/5 to 100% (max) (noncondensing)|
|Operating/Nonoperating Shock||3.0 g, 11 ms (per axis) / 20.0 g, 7ms, 10 shock pulses (2 shocks per axis X, Y in positive and negative direction, and 2 shocks in positive Z axis) OR ISTA 3H (mounted in a rack, horizontal impact on all sides, 4-in drop tests)|
|Operating/Nonoperating Vibration||0.18Grms, 5 Hz to 500 Hz, 30 min per axis / 0.54 Grms 6Hz to 200 Hz (ISTA 3E)|
|Safety Certifications||UL 60950-1 (United States), CAN/CSA-C22.2 No.60950-1- 07 (Canada), EN 60950-1 (European Union), IEC 60950-1 (International), CCC (China PRC - CCC Power Supplies), BIS (India - BIS Power Supplies)|
|Ecodesign||Commission Regulation (EU) 2019/424 (Directive 2009/125/EC)|
|Emissions (EMC)||FCC CFR 47 Part 15 Subpart B Class A (USA), ICES/NMB-003 Class A (Canada), EN 55032:2012 Class A (EU), AS/NZS CISPR 22/CISPR 32 Class A (Australia/New Zealand), VCCI Class A (Japan), KN 22/KN 32 Class A (S. Korea), CNS 13438 Class A (Taiwan)|
|Harmonics||EN 61000-3-2 (EU)|
|Flicker||EN 61000-3-3 (EU)|
|Immunity||EN 55024 (EU) | KN 24/KN 35 (S. Korea)|
|Environmental Standards||The RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU) | The WEEE Directive (2012/19/EU) | The REACH Directive (EC) No. 1907/2006|
|Standard Marks/Approvals||United States, Canada, European Union (EU), Australia/New Zealand, Japan, China (PRC), Russia, Mexico, Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, India|
|Exos Corvault||Exos X 5U84||Exos X 2U24||Exos X 2U12|
|Max Cap (raw)||1,900 TB||1,512 TB||432 TB||216 TB|
|Max Drives||Qty 106: 3.5″ SAS HDD self-encrypting drives||Qty 84: 3.5″ SAS HDD or SSD self-encrypting drives||Qty 24: 2.5″ SAS HDD or SSD self-encrypting drives||Qty 12: 3.5″ SAS HDD or SSD self-encrypting drives|
|Rack U Height||4U||5U||2U||2U|
|Performance||Up to 14GB/s read 12GB/s write||Up to 7GB/s read 5.5GB/s write||Up to 7GB/s read 5.5GB/s write||Up to 7GB/s read 5.5GB/s write|
|Data Protection Options||ADAPT erasure code, RAID 5, 6||ADAPT erasure code, RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50||ADAPT erasure code, RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50||ADAPT erasure code, RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50|
|Scalability||Up to 4 chassis||Up to 10 chassis||Up to 10 chassis|
|Interfaces||SAS||FC, iSCSI, SAS||FC, iSCSI, SAS||FC, iSCSI, SAS|
|High Availability Features||Redundant hot-swap: controllers, drives, fans, power supplies | Dual power cords | Hot standby spare | Automatic failover | Multi-path support||Redundant hot-swap: controllers, drives, fans, power supplies | Dual power cords | Hot standby spare | Automatic failover | Multi-path support||Redundant hot-swap: controllers, drives, fans, power supplies | Dual power cords | Hot standby spare | Automatic failover | Multi-path support|
|Advanced Features||Autonomous Drive Regeneration||Virtual pools, Thin provisioning, SSD read cache, Encryption Auto-tiering, Snapshots, Asynchronous replication||Virtual pools, Thin provisioning, SSD read cache, Encryption Auto-tiering, Snapshots, Asynchronous replication||Virtual pools, Thin provisioning, SSD read cache, Encryption Auto-tiering, Snapshots, Asynchronous replication|
Download the Seagate Exos CORVAULT Self Healing Storage Datasheet (.PDF)
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.